Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost][Serialization] - xml-stylesheet tag not recognized
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-08 13:28:30

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM, girish hilage <girish_hilage_at_[hidden]>wrote:

   I am trying to learn how to read an XML file using boost-serialization.

Disclaimer: I haven't yet used Boost.Serialization, but I've read a fair
amount about it on this list. Take my remarks for whatever they're worth.

That said... I do not believe Serialization was designed as a
general-purpose XML parser library. I think I remember Robert saying he
wrote a specific Boost.Spirit parser for the subset of XML emitted by
Boost.Serialization. In other words, Serialization was designed to read only
its own XML files... no one else's.

There's mail traffic in the list archives about people's favorite C++ XML
parsers. I could Google for it, but then, so can you. Good luck!