Subject: Re: [Boost-users] large variant performance compared (50 elements)
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-09 23:22:36

AMDG

On 1/9/2011 7:57 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 1/10/2011 7:35 AM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
>
> Agreed. Perhaps it's time for V2 that does not necessarily have to be
> fully
> backward compatible.

Why exactly would we need to break backwards
compatibility? Eliminating the Front Extensible
requirement shouldn't break anything. I don't
know of anything in the interface of variant that
would seriously interfere with a better implementation.
I know that assignment is a mess, but there's
a good reason it works the way it does.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe