Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost.type_traits - is_convertible issue with alignedtypes
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-18 11:44:37

> A bug database search did not bring up any relevant matches, so I
> wonder if that is a new issue or just by design?

It's more a limitation of the current design - if the "To" template
parameter is a type which can not be used as a function parameter (which is
the case here), then the implementation won't compile - we can work around
std conforming types that fall into that category, but not compiler specific
extensions which have strange properties!

Switching to the implementation to use the __is_convertible builtin fixes
this issue BTW, but unfortunately causes other issue...

HTH, John.