Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Pool - Are you using this library, please can we have your input?
From: Filip Konvička (filip.konvicka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-19 08:10:58

> 2 Things missing (or don't work well) from Pool.

When using the pool_allocator (or fast_pool_allocator) in an application
that has several DLLs on the Windows platform, the pool allocator
"singleton" is created in each DLL, so when an object is allocated in
one DLL and freed in another, you get a nasty crash.

I worked around this by using a factory function that resides in the
first loaded DLL.

> 3 New things that you would like (this is not a promise!).

I definitely support a "lock-free & thread-safe" version, and, if both
are not achievable at the same time, some variants towards one and the
other.

Cheers,
Filip