Subject: [Boost-users] serialization binary file backwards compatibility issue 1.42 -> 1.45
From: Jake Brownson (jbrownson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-22 14:18:17

I see in the changelog
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/serialization/doc/release.html)
that files serialized with 1.42's binary serialization will have
problems opening in 1.45. This is exactly what I'm experiencing.
Luckily we have only used 1.42 in our project up to this point when we
are testing for a release including boost 1.45, so we know all of our
previous files were saved using 1.42. We should be able to
automatically apply the fix_six fix when loading old files (I can tell
by the filename when it's an old one).

However I'm confused because fix_six bumps the version from 6 to 7,
but in my copy of boost 1.42 serialization is already saving files w/
a library version of 7. Did 1.42 get patched to fix this issue
already, or am I misunderstanding something?

I found a recent thread where Robert Ramey asked someone to try trunk.
I just did this and without the fix_six fix the files seem to be

Thanks,

Jake