Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-25 00:05:46

On 1/25/2011 11:49 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM, John Wiegley <johnw_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> OK, branchification is working! All that's left is submodulization as part of
>> the same run.
<snip>

> Coolness! :D So now I think it's a matter of convincing the other
> peeps that moving from Subversion to Git is actually a worthwhile
> effort. ;)

A lot of work remains --- that is, if it's also our intention to
modularize boost and have a functioning cmake build system, too. At
least, modularization seems like it would be a good thing to do at the
same time. And nobody is working on a bjam system for modularized boost.

<idle speculation>
Is it feasible to have both git and svn development going on
simultaneously? Two-way synchronization from non-modularized svn boost
to modularized git boost? Is that pure insanity?
</idle speculation>

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing