Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-28 02:58:02

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Independent of modularization, ryppl, or anything else, is it time to
> start a discussion on the main list about moving to Git?

I'm already a convert to DVCS's, so in principle migration to Git seems like
a good thing to me, but on a practical level I find I can't run through the
Ryppl
'Getting Started' guide because our corporate internet gateways block or
restrict the git protocol. Dropping back to http only works for the first
step, presumably because the submodule download reverts to the git
protocol.

I recognise of course that this is local issue for me, but I imagine I
will not be alone.

- Rob.