Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Git vs SVN (was: Re: What's happened to Ryppl?)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-28 08:48:27

Dave Abrahams wrote:

> We're having this discussion on the wrong list, IMO. I suggest moving
> it to the developers' list.

May I suggest that to keep signal/noise ratio on the list to acceptable
level, we don't have a general VC shootout discussion. It will never lead
to anything. Rather, the parties interested in having Boost switch to any
version control system that is not SVN should propose a specific plan,
including hosting, administration, adjustment of all scripts, new workflows
for Boost maintainers and authors of proposed libraries, etc?

If would be seriously not funny if 1000 messages later we'll find that
git is about to solve every problem on earth, but there's nobody to
do *complete* transition and onging maintenance.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus
Mentor Graphics