Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Eric J. Holtman (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-28 08:55:50

On 1/28/2011 7:46 AM, Edward Diener wrote:

> I do not follow why these are advantages. I can make any changes locally
> for files using SVN without having to have a connection to the SVN
> server. Your phrase "incremental local commits" sounds like more Git
> rhetoric to me. How does this differ from just changing files locally
> under SVN ?

You can check in while you work. Which means you
don't have to worry about "breaking the build", or anything
like that.

Write some code, test it, seems to work, check it in. Come
back after lunch, discover it's fubar, revert. Lather, rinse
repeat.

I still use SVN, but I occasionally think about switching.