Subject: Re: [Boost-users] What's happened to Ryppl?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-30 10:49:01

AMDG

On 1/29/2011 11:36 PM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Steven Watanabe<watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 1/29/2011 1:50 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

>>> The fact that you can quickly try doing it several different ways
>>> without affecting the "official repo" is a big plus.
>>
>> I don't understand. Quickly try doing what?
>>

> The merge.

That's what I thought, but it didn't make sense
to me.

a) Merges in svn are always done locally first.
    It doesn't change the repository until you
    commit.
b) Why would I want to try it several different ways?
    I always know exactly what I want to merge before
    I start.
c) Even if I were merging by trial and error, I
    still don't understand what makes a distributed
    system so much better. It doesn't seem like it
    should matter.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe