Subject: Re: [Boost-users] win32 api
From: Gianni Ambrosio (gianni.ambrosio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 05:55:54

Il 1/29/2011 9:46 PM, Igor R ha scritto:
>> I'm working on a piece of code that should run on a special real-time kernel
>> that supports only a minimal set of win32 api. I would like to use boost
>> sockets and threads but it seems there are some dependencies on win32 api
>> not supported by that system (i.e. WSARecvFrom, WSASend, WSASocketA,
>> WSAStringToAddressA). Is there a way to build boost libs with some options
>> so that the C socket calls are used instead? I'm asking too much?
> Try compiling with BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_IOCP macro defined.
> Does it help?

Thanks, the macro you suggested removes the following dependencies:

CreateIoCompletionPort
GetQueuedCompletionStatus
PostQueuedCompletionStatus

I'm going to try other flags but do you know if there is a way to remove
also the following calls and use the C functions?

WSARecv
WSARecvFrom
WSASend
WSASendTo