Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Thread changes from Boost 1.38 to 1.45
From: Ven Tadipatri (ven.tadipatri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-01 18:27:45

I'm using CentOs 5.4 and gcc 4.1.2. Any idea what changes to Boost were
done that could affect it?
I did have to make code changes to get it to compile, but they were
related to virtualization. Would code like this have any impact on the
way boost's thread locking mechanism works?

//this had to be added for various header files otherwise "no unique
final overrider" errors would be thrown
//but it wasn't needed for Boost 1.38
namespace boost{
template<>
struct is_virtual_base_of<ns::BaseClass, ns::Subclass>: public
mpl::true_ {};
}

We have code which checks to see if a thread is joinable. If so, it's
interrupted. I suspect that behavior may have changed with the later
versions of Boost.

Thanks,
Ven