Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compiling Boost (Steven Watanabe, Bhushan Inamdar)
From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 10:28:42

From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Andrew Holden
>On Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:27 AM, Bhushan Inamdar wrote:
>> Thanks for the prompt reply. My problem is solved. It seems that,
>> every time, I have to go to project properties and in the C++ tab and
>> include the absolute path to the Boost directory. After doing this,
>> the program compiles with out any complaints. So further up, my
>> question is...Is it necessary to do this everytime? Or my Boost
>> installation is missing something? Let me know....
>
>In Visual Studio 2008, open the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
>Expand "Projects and Solutions" and select "VC++ Directories". You can now
add the appropriate boost directories to the library files and include files
lists.

That doesn't work in Visual Studio 2010 (instead one gets a message that
that is deprecated - though I don't see a good reason for them to do that),
and I haven't found the alternative. In Visual Studio 2010, the only method
I have found that works is to set it for each project manually, when I first
create it. It would be so nice to be able to set it once, so that the
proper settings are already in place for any new project and one can then
just proceed to use the boost libraries and not have to worry about setting
everything for 32 and 64 bit builds.

Cheers

Ted