Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compiling Boost (Steven Watanabe, Bhushan Inamdar)
From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 11:28:32

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Mathieu Champlon <
mathieu.champlon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 02/02/2011 15:28, Ted Byers wrote:
>
>> That doesn't work in Visual Studio 2010 (instead one gets a message that
>> that is deprecated - though I don't see a good reason for them to do
>> that),
>> and I haven't found the alternative.
>>

> Load a solution then open the Property Manager (View menu).
> Expand one of the projects then one of the sub-entries (for instance debug
> | Win32), then open the properties (Alt-Enter) for Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user
> In there go to VC++ Directories and add your directories.
> Be sure to do the same for "release | Win32" et possibly x64 too (you can
> view and modify the properties for multiple entries at the same time).

I followed these instructions to the letter (in fact, this was the only
process I found so far), and then created a new C++ project and found the
boost include and library paths were not there.

The process, as described here, seems to apply these settings only to the
currently only project. So what did I miss?

Thanks

Ted