Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [type_traits] will the future has_operator_left_shift be able to test if a type is serializable to a stream ?
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 15:13:16

> (by the way the source files are indented with tabs)
I found here (http://www.boost.org/development/header.html) that
indentation with space is not a requirement:
"The alert reader will have noticed that the sample header employs a
certain coding style for indentation, positioning braces, commenting
ending braces, and similar formatting issues. These stylistic issues
are viewed as personal preferences and are not part of the Boost
Header Policy."

Have you seen anything else that shows this may be wrong?

> Actually it seems MSVC doesn't like "not", "or" and "and" : replacing them
> with "!", "||" and "&&" makes the error (and the warning) go away.

It may be related to this page:
http://www.boost.org/development/int_const_guidelines.html
I will try to comply with all these recommendations which will be
difficult! Hope it will solve this type of issues.

>    struct convertible_ambiguous
>    {
>        operator int() const;
>        operator float() const;
>    };

Yes I have seen that (if you look at the tests in
type_traits/libs/type_traits/test, you will see that I have commented
such tests. I am not sure if there is any solution for this.

Frédéric