Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [type_traits] will the future has_operator_left_shift be able to test if a type is serializable to a stream ?
From: Mathieu Champlon (mathieu.champlon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 03:56:35

On 02/02/2011 22:20, Frédéric Bron wrote:
> Can you try the following version and tell me if it compiles fine?
> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=type_traits-dos.tar.bz2&directory=Extension&
>
> I have removed any call to logical operators in constant expressions
> and replaced them by ice constructs (not done yet for all operators
> but should be ok for<<).
> I still have to remove reference to numeric_limits which seems to be
> an issue with some compilers.

The #include goes fine but I still get the following error :
   error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not
support default-int
With the code :
   BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(( boost::has_operator_left_shift< int, int

On 02/02/2011 20:13, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>> (by the way the source files are indented with tabs)
> I found here (http://www.boost.org/development/header.html) that
> indentation with space is not a requirement:
> "The alert reader will have noticed that the sample header employs a
> certain coding style for indentation, positioning braces, commenting
> ending braces, and similar formatting issues. These stylistic issues
> are viewed as personal preferences and are not part of the Boost
> Header Policy."
>
> Have you seen anything else that shows this may be wrong?

Yes at http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Tabs (Tabs
rationale).
I'm not an expert at boost guidelines however.

>> struct convertible_ambiguous
>> {
>> operator int() const;
>> operator float() const;
>> };
> Yes I have seen that (if you look at the tests in
> type_traits/libs/type_traits/test, you will see that I have commented
> such tests. I am not sure if there is any solution for this.

I haven't been able to find any in the past and was quite curious to see
if you succeeded. :)
Maybe this should be written in the documentation as a limitation, though ?

MAT.