Subject: [Boost-users] compilation flag effect on boost::condition::timed_wait()
From: Vishal Bayskar (vishal.bayskar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 01:18:29

Dear All,

I am getting different behaviour of condition::timed_wait() function when I compile my code with NDEBUG flag and without NDEBUG flag.

with using NDEBUG flag, timed_wait() wait for condition (mutext) as desired but whey I don't use NDEBUG flag while compiling my code it does wait for condition (mutex) but return at the same time when it is called. In both the cases return value is 1.

Please note that it is not a race condition but it is happening every time.

Also note that I am using other flags too for compiling my code like

-Werror -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -O3 -ggdb3 -m64

Please let me know what can be possible impact of NDEBUG flag on timed_wait() function.

Thanking you
Vishal

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .