Subject: Re: [Boost-users] interprocess_condition::wait(scoped_lock<interprocess_upgradable_lock> &) missing
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-03 19:20:02

El 04/02/2011 0:59, John Ky escribió:
> Hi Ion,
>
> What do you mean by "a mutex and a condition variable should know each
> other".
>
> In the proposed interprocess_upgradable_mutex implementation, the
> condition variable is associated with the underlying interprocess_mutex,
> so it should be fine right?

But upgradable mutex could be implemented without using
interprocess_mutex, that's an implementation detail. I don't see the
need to use an upgradable lock. POSIX does not support condition
variables with read-write locks (although I think Windows Vista does) so
Interprocess does not offer any support for this.

Ion