Subject: Re: [Boost-users] why is make_shared using so much of my stack....?
From: Michael Xu (mx2323_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-05 22:00:15

Actually, I put both methods with new and make_shared in there to illustrate
the point.

When I run it JUST with new. It completes. When I run it JUST with
make_shared it fails.

I'm also running on a x86_64 linux machine with 6 gb of ram.

I asked this on the #boost channel on freenode.net, everyone thought I was
confusing stack with heap as well.. but that's not the case... comparing the
stack pointers in each frame using "info register' in gdb tells me that the
space used by the frames in that stack trace are unreasonably large.