Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [iostreams] restriction device/filter
From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-07 04:05:29

boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at the implementation of the "restriction"
> device, from Boost.Iostreams library, which provides access
> to a subsequence of the original device.
>
> When it reaches the end of the input subsequence, the
> restriction device start performing read()'s of size zero on
> the original device. Shouldn't it be returning an
> end-of-sequence marker (EOF) instead?
>
> I am using a restriction device as source parameter for the
> iostreams::copy function and this always results in an
> infinite loop. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Borko

Hi Borko,

which version of boost do you use? I'm asking because I very much rely
on iostream::restrict device and never had any issues so far. That is up
to boost 1.41 because we have not moved to a newer version yet.

I find it annoying that nobody ever answers questions related to
boost::iostreams.

Regards,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer