Subject: Re: [Boost-users] installataion boost
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-18 05:41:04

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:45:45AM +0200, Faruk KuÅŸcan wrote:
> 2011/2/18 <Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden]>
>
> >> hello, i need a quick answer. I downloaded boost_1_45_0.zip to my linux. I
> >> want to compile and build all the library. what should I do? can you
> >> explain
> >> step by step?
> >
> > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=boost+getting+started
> > first link
>
> I don't have access to that web page. Sorry but I couldn't see it.

The URL that you want to look at is:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/more/getting_started/index.html

or if the boost.org site is not reachable:
boost_1_45_0/more/getting_started/index.html
in your unpacked tarball.

> How can I get over the "permission denied" output to "./bootstrap.sh"
> command? Do you know?

The reason that your shell says "permission denied" is most probably
that the file lacks the 'x' permission bit, which marks it as
executable. You can alter this by issuing the command:
chmod +x bootstrap.sh

And please, Viatcheslav, do not joke about things that can damage a
system or destroy data. It is not amusing and the fallout can be severe.
Please try to be a bit more formal, will you?

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]