Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Undefined reference to boost_serialization even though it is specified with -lboost_serialization
From: Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-02-24 06:46:37

> I meant "compiling on a remote machine" by that. Sorry for not being more
> clear about this. I have only basic user privileges on that machine, so
> I had
> to resort to building (not installing) boost-1.45 locally.

If you sure, the library compiled on one machine will fit in onto another,
then fine...
Pay attention to linker warning. Try link stage with --verbose to make
sure boost library was found and used. Check with objdump/readelf which
(not found) symbols are undefined in your object files and whethere they
are defined in the boost library binaries. If they match, well, pay
attention to linker messages again ;)

// Btw you don't need any special privileges to just build boost, so you
may spare the headache and build all on target machine

-- Slava