Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Phoenix V3: Mini-review starts February 20th
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-26 11:01:29

On 02/21/11 06:32, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thomas Heller worked hard to address the outstanding issues of the original
> Phoenix review. He ported Phoenix to Boost.Proto. As mandated by the
> original Boost review, we will conduct a mini-review of his Phoenix V3
> library.
>
> This mini-review starts today, February 20th, 2011 and ends on March 2nd,
> 2011.
>
> ------------------
>
> About the library:
>
> The Phoenix library enables FP techniques such as higher order functions,
> lambda (unnamed functions), currying (partial function application) and lazy
> evaluation in C++. The focus is more on usefulness and practicality than
> purity, elegance and strict adherence to FP principles.
>
> Phoenix is a very important infrastructure library. It is currently a
> utility library included with Spirit V2 and therefore is already available
> for years from the latest Boost distributions (headers:
> $BOOST_ROOT/boost/spirit/home/phoenix, docs:
> $BOOST_ROOT/libs/spirit/phoenix, or
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/spirit/phoenix/index.html)
>
> ------------------
>
> The code of new Phoenix V3 (that's what we mini-review) can be found at:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2010/phoenix3/
>
> the documentation is at:
>

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2010/phoenix3/libs/phoenix/doc/ht
> ml/index.html

I've downloaded the library to:

  ~/prog_dev/boost-svn/ro/trunk/sandbox/ro/SOC/2010/phoenix3

However, when I tried to run the tests in the:

  libs/phoenix/test/

subdirectory, I got:

Compilation started at Sat Feb 26 09:48:50

bjam
sh: icpc: not found
error: Unable to find file or target named
error: '/boost/thread'
error: referred from project at
error: '.'

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Sat Feb 26 09:48:52

How can i fix that?

TIA.

-Larry