Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Phoenix V3: mini-review starts February 19th
From: alfC (alfredo.correa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-26 17:28:58

On Feb 25, 11:57 pm, Thomas Heller <thom.hel..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 26, 2011 08:49:25 AM alfC wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 5:43 pm, "Hartmut Kaiser" <hartmut.kai..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Hi List,
>
> > > PhoenixV3 is nearing its completion.
>
> > > With the port to Boost.Proto we tried to address the outstanding issues
> > > of the review and would like to announce that themini-review will
> > > start on February 19th.
>
> > Thank you for the new version of Phoenix-3. I wonder if things like
> > phoenix-expression matching is now possible as "promised" in this
> > thread:
> >http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2010/05/59491.php
>
> Yes, stuff like this could be indeed made possible.
> Though, I don't see where phoenix comes into the game in the examples in
> this thread.

I was doing things like this with Phoenix2 by hacking the internals:

in a function call like this

integral( 'arbitrary phoenix expression' , interval(2., 4.));

I was matching, first that the passed expresion is of the form #1/
( phoenix::_1 - #2), if so it checked that #2 is a 'double-type'
value, then extracted that value and then passed the whole thing to a
numerical intergrator that handle functions with sigularities at the
value of #2. If the expression didn't match then a generic integrator
is called.

Thanks,
Alfredo