Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] basic handle query
From: Daniel Mierswa (impulze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-28 13:49:01

On 28.02.2011 19:39, Sean Farrow wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I need to work with multiple basic handles and have a question:
>
> If I have a vector of basic handles and have them associated to the same
> io_service, do I have to call run everytime a new handle is added?
>
> Or will as I’m hoping the first io_service.run pick up the new handles
> if there added after the initial run call.
I don't understand that I think. run() blocks until it runs out of work,
so if you have the chance of "adding handlers" you are already out of
work and you must call run() again to instantiate work. If you are
adding a handler from within a dispatched handler you are not out of
work and you don't call run().

--
Mierswa, Daniel
If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply