Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost + ICU in Windows with MinGW
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-01 04:28:00

>I applied the following patch before compilation, without it I don't get
>the boost_regex-mt.lib and boost_regex_mt.dll, but the
>libboost_regex-mt.lib.
>https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=boost-regexdll.patch&package=mingw32-boost&project=windows%3Amingw%>3Awin32&srcmd5=561592621be0390a05766ba9ae4d390a

Please note that regex shared lib support on mingw/cygwin is partly broken -
that's why it's disabled in the Jamfile!

>terminate called after throwing an instance of
>'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::runtime_error>
> >
> what(): Could not initialize ICU resources

It means that a call to ICU::Collator::createInstance failed, last time
someone had that error it was because their ICU data dll was broken (ie
didn't actually have any locale data in it).

HTH, John.