Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ptr_container] compiler error with BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE
From: Michel MORIN (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 02:32:04

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> The change is comitted to trunk ... if it goes well, then it can go to
> release. Check it out if you have the time.

Great! I looked at the code and test it with GCC 4.6.

* For indirect_fun, make_lazy is not necessary because the return type of
  its operator() is already a dependent type.

* For indirect_fun, pointee in result_of should not be removed. This broke
  test/indirect_fun.cpp when compiling with BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE.

* <boost/static_assert.hpp> and <boost/type_traits/is_void.hpp> should be
  included even if BOOST_NO_SFINAE is defined.

I attached a patch for fixing these problems. After applying this patch,
the OP's code, my code with my_less comparator and test/indirect_fun.cpp
all run fine (w/wo BOOST_RESULT_OF_USE_DECLTYPE).

Thanks,
Michel