Subject: [Boost-users] newbie: installation question
From: Gunnar Salentin (gsalentin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 08:57:07

Hi folks
I just started with boost and have run into the first problem:
the example program (see
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html)
does not run though everything should be in place:

The error is 'example.cpp:1:35: error: boost/lambda/lambda.hpp: No
such file or directory"

yes, I did check my file structure (see attached extract from
Terminal). Installation of boost was done via sudo port...

Anyone an idea what the issue might be?

Thx
GS

User:~ SUserHG$ ls
Desktop Downloads Library Music Public QuantLib-1.0.1.tar.gz example.cpp
Documents Install-QuantLib.txt Movies Pictures QuantLib-1.0.1 Sites
SUser:~ SUserHG$ cd /opt/local/include/boost/lambda
SUser:lambda SUserHG$ ls
algorithm.hpp casts.hpp construct.hpp core.hpp exceptions.hpp lambda.hpp numeric.hpp
bind.hpp closures.hpp control_structures.hpp detail if.hpp loops.hpp switch.hpp
SUser:lambda SUserHG$ cd
SUser:~ SUserHG$ c++ -I /opt/local/include/boost example.cpp -o example
example.cpp:1:35: error: boost/lambda/lambda.hpp: No such file or directory
example.cpp: In function ‘int main()’:
example.cpp:8: error: ‘boost’ has not been declared
example.cpp:8: error: ‘lambda’ is not a namespace-name
example.cpp:8: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token
example.cpp:12: error: ‘_1’ was not declared in this scope