Subject: Re: [Boost-users] program_options and BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 07:19:07

>> it seems link errors directly related to program_options lib. I used
>> property tree lib without the need of any lib to link against. So, which
>> is the benefit of using BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB if I need to link against boost
>> libs?
>
> As far as I understand it, BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB removes the auto-linking
> functionality. This means you will need to explicitly link against the
> correct libraries in your build system. It does not remove the need to
> link altogether.

Correct, and with msvc it's *strongly* recommended that you do not define
BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB unless you *really* know what you're doing.

The correct fix is to set the library search path to search the location of
the libraries built when you built Boost (defaults to stage/lib with msvc) -
you did build Boost right?

HTH, John.