Subject: Re: [Boost-users] using bind with find_if
From: Dennis Jones (djones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 17:08:57

"Igor R" <boost.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I see...
> You can do something like this:
>
> std::find_if(FOverridesContainer.begin(), FOverridesContainer.end(),
> boost::bind(OverrideMatches(), _1, ChildItemRecNo, LinkItemRecNo));

Oh, of course! Now that I see it, it makes perfect sense. For some reason,
I was thinking that I needed placeholders for all values being passed to the
functor, when all I really needed was the placeholder for the element in the
vector because I have the actual values for the 2nd and 3 parameters.

I just have to add:

    typedef bool result_type;

to my functor, or call boost::bind<bool>.

Thanks!

- Dennis