Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [iostreams] restriction device/filter
From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 18:41:53

On 2/18/2011 4:21 AM, Borko Jandras wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using version 1.44. What happens in version 1.41 when you do a
> read past the restricted size (area)?
>
>> Hi Borko,
>>
>> which version of boost do you use? I'm asking because I very much rely
>> on iostream::restrict device and never had any issues so far. That is up
>> to boost 1.41 because we have not moved to a newer version yet.

Quite a number of iostreams bug fixes were implemented and committed for
the 1.44 release.

Could be a regression??

Could you post a small test code sample demonstrating the problem so
someone can help evaluate it?

The next step (assuming it turns out to be a bug) would be to create a
ticket describing the problem. This is done at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket