Subject: [Boost-users] boost::asio::write(), big data-chunks, socket-error 10053
From: Sebastian Rudek (rudek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 11:15:16

Hello
I am having trouble with Sockets under Windows and Linux. When
attempting to send much data through boost::asio::write(), the socket
error 10053 - connection aborted - occurs. I am sending from a Windows
machine over the local network to a server (not using boost), running on
linux. This server uses a select to determine whether there is something
to read or not. Sending not lots of data, for example 500 bytes, does
not fail. But sending some hundred of kilobytes or even megabytes,
fails. Does a timeout occur? why? and how can i make my client to
transfer all of its data?

did you experience something similar?

Thanks in advance,
regards