Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [Review] Type Traits Extension ending tomorrow
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 11:45:17

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Christopher Jefferson
<chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I wrote (for my own uses) a "maybe_print" function, which prints a value if the appropriate operator<< ostream overload exists, else prints "<NOT PRINTABLE>". I think a small example like this would show a practical use of the library, and how to make use of enable_if, or some other overload method.

Hmm! That one capability perks my interest more than the whole rest of
the Type Traits Extension library. I had trouble imagining how I might
use the operator traits. Whether or not your example makes it into the
library documentation, would you please share maybe_print()?