Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [regexp] Replace a substring with a regexp
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-18 05:29:54

Olivier Tournaire wrote:

> 2011/3/17 Julian Gonggrijp <j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden]>
>
> Search pattern: "\\u(\w{4})"
>
> It seems that we also have to escape the "\" in "\u". The working regex seems to be:

I'm surprised. The first backslash was already there to escape the
second. Are there maybe two steps of backslash interpretation at work,
one by the C++ compiler and one by Boost.Regex? In any case, I forgot
to escape the backslash in "\w", you'd probably have to give that one
the same treatment. And also the ones in "\&" and "\1" in the
replacement pattern.

But if you get the right result as the patterns stand right now,
that's of course also fine. :)

-Julian