Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] Boost.Type Traits Extension by Frederic Bron
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-18 12:36:01

AMDG

On 03/18/2011 08:47 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 3/18/2011 8:37 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> (PS I have to admit that type_traits is not an ideal candidate for
>> Doxygen
>> comments on account of the considerable skulduggery with MACROS
>> required to
>> get it to work. So I can see that the effort in hiding this might be
>> discouraging.)
>
> In my variadic_macro_data library I did use doxygen to document the
> macros so I don't think having a library heavily oriented to macro use
> is an impediment to using doxygen. Of course if one is creating
> macros, to create code elements, its pretty hard to use doxygen to
> document those code elements themsleves as opposed to the macros.

That kind of depends. If there's a 1-to-1 correspondence
between the macro uses and the user-visible entities that
they create, then you can just have doxygen expand the
macros to something that looks sane in the documentation.
The problem is when one macro defines multiple things
that need to be documented independently.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe