Subject: [Boost-users] About includes in numeric/ublas ....matrix.hpp and vector.hpp
From: Bhushan Inamdar (bhushanvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 00:08:39

Dear all,
            I believe, I have set the environment right for the boost
libraries. I had done a program a while ago using shared pointers. And after
mentioning the includes in the additional includes directories, it compiled.
However, no matter what I am trying to do here, the compiler does not find
matrix.hpp and vector.hpp in the attached project. I am using Boost version
1.44.0. I have checked the paths and the files do exist there. But, I do not
know why my compiler keeps complaining about them being not found. The
errors I am getting are as under:
Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp': No such file or directory
c:\users\user\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\dbscanalgo\dbscanalgo\clusters.h 5 DBScanAlgo
Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp': No such file or directory
c:\users\user\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\dbscanalgo\dbscanalgo\dbscan.h 5 DBScanAlgo
Error 3 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'boost/numeric/ublas/matrix.hpp': No such file or directory
c:\users\user\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\dbscanalgo\dbscanalgo\dbscan.h 5 DBScanAlgo
Now, I have configured my paths as under:
$(BOOST_ROOT) is ,....C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_44_0
Then in VS 2008 IDE on main menu, Tools | Options | Projects and Solutions |
VC++ directories...
I have added...
For Include Files : $(BOOST_ROOT)Boost
For library files : $(BOOST_ROOT)stage\lib; $(BOOST_ROOT)\libs;
$(BOOST_ROOT)bin.V2
Also, after having done this, I go to the project properties, I go to C/C++
Node and on the RHS pane in the "Additional Include Directories" option add
the path to "C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_44_0\boost\numeric\ublas".
Even then, I am not able to get it working. Just for your information, I am
running VS 2008 professional edition on Windows 7 OS.
Please let me know if there is anything wrong here.
Thanks,
Bhushan