Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Increase iostream zlib filter buffer size
From: rajiv82 (rajiv82_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 05:41:24

Yes, using gzip_compressor(zl_params, 10485760) , doesn't increase the buffer
size.

I tried few things , and it worked now. Modified code:

Code snippet
------------------
   std::ofstream ofs(outPath.c_str() ,
std::ios::out|std::ios::binary|std::ios::trunc);
{
    boost::iostreams::filtering_streambuf out;

    out.push(boost::iostreams::gzip_compressor();
    out.push();
{
    boost::archive::binary_oarchive oa(out);
    oa << data;
}
}

Without enclosing code in braces, it takes time with 100% cpu. After
enclosing in braces, it seems to be very fast.
No idea how enclosing in braces increases the speed. Any suggestion ?

After solving this issue, I came across with another issue.

I had written decompresser with gzip, standalone utility works fine, but
when I embed same code in my multi-threaded application, filestream stuck in
waiting for lock(scoped_lock).

Please suggest. If you want I can post the gdb stack trace.