Subject: [Boost-users] no exceptions
From: Hochhaus, Andrew (ahochhaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 19:13:24

Hi,

I would like to use boost with BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS [1] and the g++
-fno-exceptions flag. However, it appears that some spots in boost
library code:

a) throw exceptions with the "raw" throw keyword [instead of
BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION or boost::throw_exception]
b) use try ... catch blocks without "#ifnef BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS" guards

This leaves me with the following questions.

1) Is BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS actively supported or a legacy construct?

2) What is the "recommended" way to throw exceptions inside boost
library code (BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION, boost::throw_exception, etc)?

3) If this is not intended behavior, would incremental patches to
remove these dependencies be considered for inclusion?

Thanks,
Andy

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/libs/exception/doc/throw_exception.html