Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::python::return_value_policy<bp::reference_existing_object>() is weakref in python?
From: Thomas Rab (thomas.rab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 03:40:41

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Thomas Rab <thomas.rab_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > ::Monocle::Collider * ( ::Monocle::Entity::* )( ::std::string const & )
> )(
> > &::Monocle::Entity::Collide )
>

> I'm not sure of it, but the problem might be here. What happens if
> you pass plain
>
> &::Monocle::Entitiy::Collide
>
> here instead (and why on earth are you using a C-style cast here in
> the first place?
> )
>
> The boost::python code was generated with py++ (should have mentioned
that). I did as you suggested, but I get the same results, unfortunately.
Here's what print collider yields in python: <weakref at 011DFCC0; to 'type'
at 01173990 (life_support)>

The other thing which may attribute to the problem is that Collider is
noncopyable, but I would expect a different result if that was the case.