Subject: [Boost-users] Math/Statistical Distributions
From: Andrej van der Zee (andrejvanderzee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-23 04:24:25

Hi,

Statistics have been a while ago... I was reading the documentation,
at least part of it, of the Boost library Math/Statistical
Distributions. But I think I need a bit of help...

I have many values Yi that are closely distributed around a mean value
Y-mean. The collection of Yi is obtained by an algorithm that
sometimes produces trash values that need to be discarded. Such false
values are typically not "close" to the Y-mean.

I was hoping somebody could tell what distribution I should use and
how I should use this. If I recall correctly from my school-days, I
need the Normal (Gaussian) Distribution. What would be the algorithm
to find those trash values?

Thank you,
Andrej