Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gil] Processing huge images
From: Franz Alt (f.alt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-04 16:28:54

Hi Christian,

no, I haven't tried the gil.io extensions. The images itself shouldn't
be a problem. They are all of ordinary RGB format.

To make my problem more concrete, imagine the following picture:

|<---- width of the huge "virtual" image ------>|
+---------+---------+-----------------+---------+
| image 1 | image 2 | ... | image N |
| | | | |
| | | | |

All the images are in different places in memory.

 From my point of view I would make something like a wrapper class that
holds the separate images and supports an iterator to iterate over the
huge image. In this case I'm not sure if I could use this wrapper class
as a normal gil image and therefore can't use the full gil power at my
wrapper class.

Do you know if gil has something onboard to solve problems like this?

Regards

Franz