Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [range] for_each and std::map of std::list
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-06 17:14:05

Den 06-04-2011 22:55, Neil Groves skrev:

> I've been interested in implementing something similar for a while. I
> was thinking slightly more generally that any n-dimensional structure
> can often be linearised or projected into a linear sequence. Hence this
> would enable not just the above example to work, but many standard
> algorithms could work with tree structures, hyper-cube trees, directed
> acyclic graphs etc. I've implemented a number of these already, but
> wanted to gain experience with them in my own projects before committing
> them to the trunk.

Cool. I have a little problem seeing how it works with acyclic graphs.
For example, there are many ways to do this. Which one do we pick?

I think the container of containers case meets 90% or more of all use
cases. A container of containers of containers can be done manually by
applying it twice.

Even trees, surely they provide some kind of iteration already?
(Like std::map/std::set). So what is special here?

-Thorsten