Subject: [Boost-users] [BGL] Accelerating property value-retrieval
From: Cedric Laczny (cedric.laczny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-08 09:59:41

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to accelerate the retrieval of
properties of an edge or a vertex?
Actually, I define a new vertex-property (vertex_properties) and this again
uses a "struct VertexProperties { ... }" to specify the details of the
properties.
However, when I want to get the properties of say vertex v, I need to first get
the properties-map from the graph and then get the property for v. This
obviously suffers from the lookup in the property_map and I would like to know
if there is a way to accelerate this? In particular, when using vecS as the
vertex_container because the vertices could generally be used as indices...
I would find this very convenient, especially in combination with filtered_graph
when filtering only on vertices that have certain properties (e.g. a category)
and one only wants to see those that have a specific character (e.g. color).

Best,

Cedric