Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [function] How to get boost::function parameters, return type.
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 15:45:04

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:50:33 -0700, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 4/11/2011 1:27 PM, Mostafa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to decompose boost::function into it's "constituent"
>> parameters and return type, a la Boost.FunctionTypes?
>>

> Sure!
>
> You can use function_types on the Signature that function was
> instantiated with:
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/function_types/doc/html/boost_functiontypes/reference/decomposition.html
>
> You can also access the member types within the function:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost/functionN.html

Thanks, I did consider that. But I am/was only interested in
boost::function, because for some now forgotten (and maybe erroneous)
reason I'd concluded that I did not have access to the signature that it
was instantiated with.

Mostafa