Subject: [Boost-users] [boost::iostreams] Is it possible to take char_type other than char or wchar_t
From: Ìð¹Ï (littlesweetmelon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-15 03:28:51

Hi, all,

    I have a proposal to make boost::iostreams support char_type
other than char or wchar_t. Since the library gives users the opportunity to
define char_type in Device, it should be available to
boost::iostreams::copy from any source to any sink with the *same*
char_type. Eg, If both Devices have UserDefinedStructure as char_type,
boost::iostreams::copy should copy UserDefinedStructure objects from
source to sink and return the number of objects copied.
   Currently, it is forbidden by a mistake (or not?) in
boost::iostreams::copy. That is "detail::basic_buffer<char_type>" only
allocate the raw space without construct them by using
UserDefinedStructure constructor. I really appreciate this library, so
would boost::iostreams please to concider my proposal? Or there are
other ways to
achieve this?

   Thank you in advance.

--