Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Longest path from u to v in a directed weighted graph
From: Murilo Adriano Vasconcelos (muriloufg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-15 09:42:32

Hi,

2011/4/14 Shaun Jackman <sjackman_at_[hidden]>

> On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 13:15 -0700, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Murilo,
> > >
> > > The subgraph between u and v is a DAG — that is the subgraph reachable
> > > from u without travelling through v. The rest of the graph is not
> > > acyclic.
> >
> > In that case, there is a dag_shortest_paths algorithm that you can use
> > (negating the edge weights). You might need to use filtered_graph (with
> > prior BFS) to isolate the part of the graph between u and v, or a visitor
> > in the shortest path algorithm might work instead.
>
> Hi Jeremiah,
>
> dag_shortest_paths looks promising. It starts by computing a topological
> ordering of the graph, and in fact I already have a topological ordering
> of the subgraph in which I'm interested. So, it looks as though I'll
> just use the algorithm that computes the longest path from the
> topological ordering. It would be nice if this algorithm were factored
> so that a user could provide a topological ordering as a parameter.
>
> Thanks,
> Shaun

> wouldn't help you.

> through
> start

> small

If you already have a topological ordering of your subgraph, you only need
to do one DFS to find the longest path. You can just do a DFS starting from
the vertex with in-degree 0 (the root of topological tree) (if your subgraph
is not connected, you'll need to do a DFS from each vertex with in-degree
0) and save the maximum depth you find.

Regards,