Subject: Re: [Boost-users] To produce bjam, put Boost Version 1.46.1 in a deep folder (at least 4 levels I guess)
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-19 11:03:36

On Apr 19, 2011, at 7:47 AM, JIA Pei wrote:
> Hi, to whom it may concern:
>
> It looks like many Boost users are arguing that "bjam won't be successfully produced".
> By reading bootstrap.bat, around line 13, you may notice something like "../../../../******",
> Yes, that means, Boost root directory must be put at least 4 levels (directory depth).
>
> This seems to be a bug of current Boost 1.46.1

I don't believe that your diagnosis is correct, because the line immediately before that is:
        pushd tools\build\v2\engine

which walks four levels down the directory tree.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki