Subject: [Boost-users] Boost versions and the Interprocess library
From: David Ohlemacher (dohlemacher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-22 12:14:16

Hello all,

I have a project that is stuck using an old closed src implementation of
CORBA that depends on Boost 1.31. Upgrading to a newer version of Boost
is not possible.

I we have a new requirement that could be partially met using shared
memory.

Is it possible to use the Interprocess library (first available in Boost
1.35) in our project? I see it only requires the inclusion of a single
hdr file, but of course that doesn't mean it would work in a 1.31
environment.

The project is currently using WinXP using Visual Studio 2003. There
are much delayed plans to port this to Linux.

Thanks,
-d

--
David Ohlemacher