Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [iostreams] Flushing problems with :filtering_ostream
From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-22 18:55:42

On 4/22/2011 12:00 PM, Bo Jensen wrote:

>> What version of Boost are you using?
>>
>> The reason I ask is because there was a "flushing a filtering_ostream" bug
>> which was fixed in Boost 1.46.
>>
>> For details see:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4590
>>

> Thanks for the reply. I am currently investigating if some of the
> issues mentioned in the thread is effecting my code.
>
> I am using boost 1.46.1, but the bug is not fixed ! I downloaded and
> ran the first test case and it failed still.

Looking at the ticket, it refers to the changeset that was committed. A
new test case was added to the sources in the file:
"test_filtering_ostream_flush.hpp"

Specifically, you should be able to see this in:
boost_1_46_1\libs\iostreams\test\filtering_stream_flush_test.hpp

If you run these tests on your computer, do they pass? (You should be
able to run bjam from the test directory).
If so, how does this official test case differ from your own problem?

Also, there is another variation of a flush issue referenced in the
ticket at: