Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to prevent boost serialize from object tracking a pointer
From: Frank (franknfrank_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-22 22:44:27

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply (and all your hard work on the library...).

I understand what you are saying, that makes a lot of sense. I don't see any
other way to ensure the integrity of the shared_ptr than to forbid
track_never. However, it still seems strange that when I serialize the
shared_ptr the second time (after the pointed-to object has been changed),
what is serialized does not reflect any change. It's almost like it would be
safer to forbid serialization of shared_ptr to non-const objects,
altogether...

Anyway, thank you for the explanation, it is much appreciated.

Frank